‘Brilliant Canberra’ PCO Familiarisation 2018
Showcasing Canberra’s brilliant Possibilities
This year the Canberra Convention Bureau brought Professional Conference Organisers (PCO’s) from Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania to the nation’s capital
to showcase the brilliant opportunities for business events here in Canberra.
It was a three day, high end affair where the PCO’s were treated to the best on offer in the Canberra Region. Some of Canberra’s finest venues were on display, they rolled the red carpet out and created a memorable experience for all to enjoy.
The focus was on the region, and in winter most people would be forgiven for not knowing that winter (like all seasons) in Canberra has distinct seasonal offerings of its own. As well as the crisp clean air, winter is the season for the exclusive black truffle in the Canberra Region; and this unusual looking delight has its own festival lasting the whole season long.
Playing to natures strengths the PCO’s were treated to a truffle hunt and it certainly did not disappoint – finding a truffle the size of an emu's egg!
Keeping to the theme, the National Convention Centre Canberra delighted the PCO’s with a four course truffle menu. This was a night to remember as the dinner was served in the ‘Kitchen Arena’, where our Executive Chef Nikhil Jain delighted the guests with his skill, knowledge and attention to detail on every plate.
It was a great event the team loved creating and delivering. The survey after the 3 day familiarisation strengthens the fact that Canberra is a strong destination for business events with the PCO’s perception increasing by 70%, to excellent business events destination, as opposed to 10% prior to the famil.
Some of the survey feedback includes:
- This was the best convention centre I have seen (even though it is on the smaller side...) - food was the best that we had throughout the famil. Very
- This experience changed my views on the National Convention Centre Canberra. The facilities showcased were premium and the dinner was a great way to
showcase the talent of the team.
- Always a great venue. Loving the soft reno, it does help to push the boutique feel. I think I might consider it for my group after all, even though
they usually prefer hotels.
- Great venue, awesome dinner and amazing staff
- Loved the arrival and the staff were great (I sat by two of the staff during dinner and they were wonderful). Site inspection was very informative
and appreciated the effort they went to for the site and the dinner. Dinner was of course fantastic and a lovely surprise being in the Kitchen.
Was nice to feel connected to the staff and Chefs!
- WHAT A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE I loved every minute of this from start to finish! Food was fantastic! The table in the kitchen was an excellent idea and
just made the full experience! Literally just WOW! Nice to meet the organisers especially Ringo what a superstar!
- Dinner was fantastic! What an innovative way to cook with truffles!
- The stand out in terms of facilities. A fantastic space for bigger conferences.
- Great facilities, beautiful dinner and nice team
- Again, loved it and great venue
go back and read more case studies.